- TABin2030 AdHoc Chair, 2016
- TAB Management Committee, 2017-2019
- TAB SmartAg AdHoc Chair, 2017-2019
- TAB/PSPB Products and Services Committee, 2019+
- Division IV Director, 2019-2020
- Vice-Chair and Acting VP PSPB, 2020
- TAB Technical Community 2.0 AdHoc, 2020-2021
- TAB Strategic Planning Committee 2021
- TAB AdHoc on Membership/Engagement 2021
- IEEE Industry Engagement Committee, 2021
- IEEE AdHoc on Election Practices and Oversight, 2021
- Assisted in the founding of South-Eastern Michigan Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society Chapter, 2015
- Co-Chair Local Group AdHoc Committee
SOCIETY: Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society
- President, 2015-2016
- AdCom, 2010+
- Awards Chair, 2019-2020
- FinCom Vice Chair, 2021+
- Co-founded Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma and Terahertz Science, 2018
- Distinguished Lecturer, 2018+
- Fellow (2013) Citation: For contributions to computational plasma physics and plasma device applications
IEEE Recent Accomplishments:
- As Chair of TABin2030 AdHoc (2016), successfully led the analysis of, and organized the opposition to, the proposed IEEE Constitutional Amendment.
- As Chair of the TAB SmartAg AdHoc (2017), led over 20 societies in the application of technology to the food supply chain, created conferences and special sessions.
- As VP and President of NPSS, repaired rift with EMBS over co-sponsored journal (Transactions on Medical Imaging), worked with EMBS to create new journal (Transactions on Radiation and Plasma Medical Science).
- As President of NPSS, initiative to improve NPSS journal impact factors using email blasts, editor-select papers, and elimination of page charges resulted in a 50% increase in impact factor over three years.
- As IEEE InfoTrans AdHoc Chair (2019) led update to meeting and referendum election transparency to ensure equal voice for all members.
- As a member of IEEE New Member Engagement AdHoc, contributed to the development of the IEEE App.
- As Chair of the TAB Meeting and Agenda AdHoc (2019), developed policy to improve efficacy of the TAB agenda.
- Chaired the Powered by IEEE initiative (2019) to create a new product line to support and engage entrepreneurs, operationalized by the Entrepreneurship Committee.
- As a member of the Industry Engagement Committee, we are developing products and services to better provide value to industry community members.